Proudly Celebrating 40 Years in Business!
Updated: Jul 17, 2021
We’ve come a long way since founder Steve Gerus was answering service calls in his 1967 Austin Healey. Since 1981, our team has grown to twelve full-time employees and a fleet of vehicles serving the New River Valley and beyond. Locally-owned and operated since the beginning, we moved into our headquarters at 1711 North Main Street in 2005. This energy-efficient building features a greenhouse and 46 rooftop solar panels that still provide power to our space 16 years later!
Our headquarters at 1711 N. Main Street was featured in an April 2005 article of the Roanoke Times, outlining the new building's energy-efficient construction
2005 was also the year that Bell hired Chris Roberts fresh out of engineering school at Virginia Tech to begin his professional career. Chris stayed on as a service technician for 3 years before moving on to co-found Baseline Solar Solutions, who now shares office and warehouse space with us.
Our shop at 1711 North Main Street today
Discussions of an ownership transition were executed in 2018 when Chris purchased the company from Steve. As the new owner, Chris aspired to maintain the quality and customer satisfaction the Bell reputation was built on, while also pushing to develop renewable and energy-efficiency markets.
Our mission to provide exceptional service to our community has endured for 40 years and we have a continued commitment to sustainable practices, employee development, and doing business with integrity. We treat our customers how we would like to be treated. We are proud and thankful for our loyal customers and dedicated team members who have joined the Bell Electric family over the years. We can’t wait to see what the future holds!
Way back in September of 1992 the Bell Electric team helped build a new playground with 3,500 volunteers – in just four days! We dug footers and installed posts on what was to become the Hand-in-Hand park in Blacksburg. Our commitment to serving the community where we live and work has always been a cornerstone of the Bell Electric mission.